What MUA does
MUA is a business customer representative organisation, and as such its Board of Directors takes much of its direction from member companies around the operational and strategic concerns they face as business mailing entities.
MUA, as a recognised trade body, is extremely well connected in the Royal Mail’s organisational structure, and within the independent carrier community more generally. The Association maintains close contacts in all relevant government, regulatory and consumer representative spheres. The delegations it selects from member companies are made up of business mailing practitioners with cutting edge knowledge of the operational aspects of the business, and their views and opinions are consequently respected within the industry, and sought after by key decision-makers.
With the Association's key strategies in mind, MUA’s Board proposes to achieve the following during the year 2020, and beyond:
- Progress high profile discussions with all key decision makers in the industry on matters of concern to business mailers;
- Develop ongoing dialogues with Royal Mail and its competitors, and stay in touch with the development of independent letter mail networks;
- To continue to develop MUA’s dialogue with the Regulator Ofcom, in order to continue to highlight issues of importance to business mailers;
- Lobby Government and MP’s on both sides of the House on postal matters pertinent to UK business mailers, and ensure that their interests are represented in relevant arenas;
- and continue to raise the profile of MUA as a representative organisation of standing, by interacting with key stakeholders and decision makers (in full consultation with membership) on matters relating to postal affairs.
With the challenges now facing the UK mailing industry, MUA as a representative organisation is committed to ensuring that business mailing interests are fully represented in this rapidly changing marketplace.