What comes with MUA membership?
- E-mail briefings throughout the year, providing updates on important issues being debated within the Industry, and/or decisions being held by Government, Ofcom, Royal Mail, other mail operators, and other key decision makers.
- Provision of a monthly Regulation and Industry Report circulated to all member companies, providing readers with strategic insight into industry developments over the past month.
- An opportunity to attend scheduled MUA meetings (five/six per year) at which key people from the mail industry, regulation, Government and the wider UK economy are invited to discuss salient issues. These regularly include key figures in Royal Mail, Ofcom, CWU, and BEIS, as well as other mail delivery organisations such as Whistl, DHL/UK Mail, Citipost and The Delivery Group (Secured Mail/Onepost).
- Invitations to join MUA delegations meeting with Ofcom and others to discuss issues of concern and/or contentious consultations in more detail, and the opportunity to contribute to MUA's formal responses on behalf of major business mailers, and the mail Industry.
- Through input to MUA responses to consultations, express opinions important to your business, while doing so through the collective voice of MUA.
- Regular contact and information share (in confidence when necessary) with fellow business customers, suppliers and equipment manufacturers from a wide range of mailing industry interests.
- Access to the results of industry research, such as that carried out during the last period of industrial unrest, to gauge the impact of strike action on the industry.
- Reduced delegate fees for MUA supported conferences.
The UK Postal Industry is facing challenging, changeable times, and it is important that business customer representation and stakeholder engagement with Ofcom is developed and maintained. Indeed, business customers need to recognise the importance of pushing for an appropriate interface with all key stakeholders, and this can be achieved through the combined influence of an association such as MUA.